Zwave Ft. Myers
A new, non-invasive cellulite treatment, Zwave, has recently been added to our advanced cellulite treatment procedures.
Zwave is a non-surgical, FDA-cleared treatment utilizing high-energy pulse therapy, which is scientifically proven to have a large impact on the lymphatic drainage of toxins, collagen structure, blood circulation and the metabolism of fat cells, significantly improving the overall structure and appearance of cellulite.
Those undergoing Zwave treatments have experienced promising results in problem areas. The intense mechanical massage effect leads to a reduction of swelling, and to an improved elimination of toxins. The high-energy pulse therapy improves metabolism of fat cells and destroys fat molecules through a process called cavitation. The skin becomes more elastic and, after just a few sessions, its firmness is not only noticeable but also visible.
Zwave treatments are quick, lasting 20-30 minutes. A treatment series of 10 treatments is typically recommended for optimal outcome or this procedure can be coupled with CoolSculpting for quicker, more advanced body sculpting.
Patients generally begin noticing shrinkage and a tightening of skin after a couple of treatments, and the smoothing and tightening continue to improve with each successive treatment until maximum results are achieved.
Benefits of Zwave:
- Diminishes stubborn pockets of fat.
- Effective on the buttocks, thighs, abdomen, upper arms, and hips.
- Clinically tested and proven to be safe and effective.
- Painless and relaxing.
- Leaves skin tighter, smoother and healthier looking.
- Appears to strengthen the tissue, and therefore decrease fat herniation, which “fixes the problem.
- Improves lymphatic drainage, resulting in less edema.
- Improves circulation, causing increased metabolic activity, nutrients, and tissue health.
- Increases fibroblast activity, which increases tissue density, resulting in increased tissue tightness and less fat herniation.
- May initiate lipolysis (fat cell destruction) or aid in lipolysis.
- Reduces circumference and improves body toning and contouring.
And the great thing about Zwave treatments is there is no downtime. Patients can receive their treatments and head back to their busy day.
What is Cellulite?
Cellulite is essentially small pockets of fat cells that get trapped under the skin’s surface causing a dimpling appearance.
Who gets Cellulite?
Cellulite is most commonly found in women on the buttocks, legs and abdomen. And if women in their family have cellulite, chances are they are good candidates to have it too, as heredity seems to play a crucial role.
Men do not typically have a lot of cellulite. The structure of men’s collagen is angled, while women’s connective tissue is vertical, which means that fat cells don’t push through and dimple as much.
Cellulite doesn’t only occur in people who are overweight; it can appear in stick-thin people, as well.
Other factors that influence how much cellulite you have and how visible it is include:
- Poor diet or Fad dieting
- Slow metabolism
- Poor circulation
- Lymphatic issues
- Lack of physical activity
- Hormone changes
- Total body fat
- Thickness and color of your skin
Dr. Garramone, a board certified plastic surgeon in Fort Myers, is the first physician in the Fort Myers area to offer Zwave. This newest technology is safe and painless and will deliver visible results only after 2-3 sessions.
For more information about Zwave, or to schedule a Zwave consultation, please contact Dr. Garramone’s office today at 239.482.1900.