Vaginal Rejuvenation Ft. Myers
As women age, they may begin experiencing vaginal atrophy discomfort, dryness, itching, atrophy, laxity, bladder incontinence and painful sexual intercourse.
CO2 Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation
Fractional CO2 laser therapy delivers controlled energy to the vaginal tissue leaving the surrounding tissue intact. The laser therapy stimulates the formation of new collagen fibers and restores hydration and elasticity; while rejuvenating the vaginal tissue. Many women experience a significant change immediately after the procedure.
Vaginal rejuvenation can help address the following common health conditions:
- Vaginal dryness
- Vaginal burning
- Vaginal discharge
- Less vaginal tightness
- Light bleeding after intercourse
- Discomfort with intercourse
- Decreased vaginal lubrication during sexual activity
- Vagina appearance
- Vulva appearance
- Labia appearance
Shortening and tightening of the vaginal canal
How does vaginal rejuvenation work?
- For vaginal concerns such as atrophy and looseness, concentrated thermal heating and micro-ablation is applied to various layers of the vaginal tissue providing a safe and effective solution to help replenish the vaginal fluid, vaginal lining, and thickness of the vaginal wall. The female genital tissue is restored to a more youthful state.
- Vaginal dryness and infections are treated using the laser therapy by focusing on the vulvovaginal tissue improving vaginal lubrication, vaginal pH and natural flora.
- Urinary issues, such as incontinence, may be solved by stimulating collagen growth, elastin fibers contractions and enhancing tissue renovation. The laser therapy is focused on the pre-urethral area to increase the thickness of the vaginal walls providing better support to the mid-urethra resulting in a reduction of incontinence.
What causes these types of women’s health issues?
Many of the above conditions including vaginal atrophy are caused by lack of a woman’s ability to produce estrogen due to the following:
- Extended use of birth control
- Tamoxifen (anti-estrogen to prevent cancer recurrence)
- Prolonged breast feeding
Why Fractional CO2 versus Radio Frequency lasers?
Both Fractional CO2 and Radio Frequency (RF) lasers tighten the skin. We recommend using a Fractional CO2 laser for this procedure, as it also provides the opportunity for stimulation and production of collagen, which helps firm and lift as well.
Is vaginal rejuvenation an in-office procedure?
The vaginal rejuvenation procedure is performed in the office. It is performed safely, quickly and painlessly and does not require anesthesia. There is no down time ensuring the women can return to their normal routine post treatment. This procedure may require a few treatment sessions and will require annual maintenance, once completed.
For more information about Vaginal Rejuvenation, or to schedule a Vaginal Rejuvenation consultation, please contact Dr. Garramone’s office today at 239.482.1900.